Saturday, April 23, 2011

SCREEN PRINTING - "Zombie Window Licker"






Hello Readers -

Today I am doing another retrospective glance into a project from last year. This image was originally created as my first screen print!

With an open theme for this project I was mostly interested in experimental drawing techniques to see what would and what would not transfer to the screen. This image was originally drawn in my sketchbook but was transferred out with mylar and then manipulated into its current form.

If you've read the previous entry about Screen Printing you might understand the technical process a little more, but basically this drawing was created with India ink and Stibilo (aquarelle) pencils. I also went back into the darker areas of my drawing and worked in a reductive fashion to get some finite lines in the composition.

I actually have used this image to create a fleet of tee shirts, as you can see pictured. If you are interested in acquiring one, please email me mheter@gmail.com

Many thanks to my friend Anthony Pistono, an exceedingly talented printmaker for modeling my design on a tee shirt for me.

Thanks y'all!

No comments: