Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Solo Gallery Show and The Umbrella III

Friends -

I join you tonight with two bits of wonderful news! One being the official completion a new piece the other being the announcement of my own solo Gallery Show!!

The show is to be held October 6th, 2012 at Tumblety-Howell Art Gallery in beautiful Ocean Grove, New Jersey. I would be honored and ecstatic to see your beautiful faces there. You can e-mail me for information, mheter@gmail.com. There are to be about 45-50 works on display in the media of printmaking, sculptural objects and painting!!

As you can see, I've done it again. This installment is the third in the Umbrella series and continues to bring you the maniacal, busy-color  mash-up of plants, people and animals you've come to expect. This umbrella is a bit different from the first two in the fact that it is on a retro 1960's style clear vinyl umbrella. My collection of paint markers, (possibly my greatest asset,)  was once again employed to create the shimmering rainbow fragment that is the norm in this series. Keep your eyes peeled for those quasi-well-known characters that lie within!



As always, I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful compliments, feedback and support I've had from you over the years. In the culmination of over a decade of work, it would be fantastic to see you at my gallery show. I hope to see you in October!

Peace and Love,

-Mike

No comments: